Cancer stands as one of the most fatal and terminal illnesses afflicting the world and can occur to anyone at any given time. Not only is the treatment of cancer very financially draining, the recovery is also unpredictable. Treating cancer remains an expensive and uncertain path, capable of wreaking havoc on your finances. Fortunately, insurance offers a safeguard against the financial turmoil caused by severe illness.
Insurance policies provide a lump-sum payout when the policyholder is diagnosed with cancer. This payout covers exorbitant medical expenses, granting financial security to those battling the disease. Cancer brings forth a range of challenges for the afflicted individual:
1. Depleted Savings: The diagnosis, treatment, and recovery associated with cancer come with substantial costs and stress, both financially and physically. These expenses can severely impact your savings, undermining your overall financial stability.
2. Loss of Income: Battling cancer takes a toll on a person’s physical well-being, with treatments and hospital visits demanding considerable time and energy. Moreover, there’s no assurance of a swift recovery, and enduring long-term illness could lead to a loss of income.
Cancer insurance extends the below benefits to policyholders:
● Affordable Premiums: These policies can be obtained at a nominal premium, offering substantial coverage in return.
● Extended Coverage: Cancer insurance ensures financial and medical coverage for up to 40 years, provided that the premiums are paid timely.
● Immediate Payout: Upon an advanced cancer diagnosis, policyholders can receive an immediate payout of up to 100%. In cases of early-stage cancer, a 25% payout is provided.
● Premium Waiver: The policy continues even if the premiums are waived due to a cancer diagnosis, regardless of the stage. This benefit remains valid for both major and minor stages of cancer.
● Flexible Treatment: Policyholders can receive treatment at any hospital or location under any chosen medical practitioner. There are no limitations to network hospitals, and co-payment is unnecessary.
When considering a Cancer Insurance Policy, the following features are particularly beneficial:
● No-Claim Bonus: Look for policies that offer an increasing cover benefit for each year without a claim. This is essential since cancer might not emerge immediately, resulting in years without claims.
● Comprehensive Coverage: Policies offering lump-sum payouts for early cancer detection or minor stages of cancer are advantageous due to the uncertainty surrounding the disease’s progression.
● Claim Settlement Ratio: Claim settlement ratio indicates the number of claims which are settled compared to claims made by policyholders. Companies with a high settlement ratio should be prioritized as they guarantee your claim will be processed.
Before purchasing cancer insurance, keep the following key points in mind:
Insurance is indispensable for everyone due to life’s unpredictable nature. It’s advisable to thoroughly read policy documents to understand inclusions and exclusions before investing in a cancer insurance policy.